Are you looking for a fun activity for your tot? Swimming is one of the activities that you can consider for your young child. Toddler swimming lessons help your child grow into a well-rounded individual because of its many benefits.
Benefits of Toddler Swimming Lessons
Allowing your child to join a swimming program is one of the best things you can do for him or her. Swimming is a challenging yet fun sport to participate in. Your child will learn one of the most important skills in his or her life. Once your child learns how to swim at a young age, he or she will never forget the lessons. Learning how to swim is important in emergency situations, and to help your toddler enjoy the water with confidence.
Allowing your toddler to join swimming lessons will also help them gain assurance and self-esteem. Gaining a new skill imbues a sense of accomplishment in your child. This new found confidence will help them discover their talents and overcome their fears. Swimming is a challenging sport that requires your child to stay disciplined, and stay confident in the water.
Enrolling your child into a swimming program opens him or her up to an infinite number of possibilities. Learning how to swim with kids in the same age group takes some of the fear away. Your child will be more receptive to what the instructor is saying and teaching when he or she sees other kids participating. The kids your child is with during the program can also become his or her friends.
The lessons your child learn during swimming lessons go beyond the skill, they will also learn life lessons that they carry with them when they get older such as perseverance and determination.
Where can you get quality toddler swimming lessons?
Now that you know the benefits of enrolling your child in toddler swimming lessons, finding the right program is your next step. Finding the right program is crucial because it can affect your child’s entire summer and more importantly, his or her perception of swimming.
Zodiac Day Camp has swimming specialty programs fit for toddlers. The instructors are patient yet disciplined when it comes to teaching young children how to swim. The programs provided by Zodiac Day Camp help your child learn how to swim in a step-by-step manner. Your children will have lots of fun with the activities included in the program.
Let your child discover hidden talents and develop existing ones at performing arts camp. They’ll be able to learn new skills, make friends, and have fun. Here are a few reasons why you should consider performing arts camp.
Has your child ever expressed interest in performing arts? Whenever her favorite song comes on, does she perform? Does she have that intense look in her eyes when watching a play or a movie? Whether it’s singing in a band, playing the drums, or acting in a musical, attending performing arts camp may be the perfect activity for him or her this summer. Performing arts camp offers many activities for kids to develop skills in a variety of areas like theatre, fine arts, music, dance, and even film production. If you think you’ve got a budding star, read on for the benefits of going to performing arts camp, it might just be what he/she’s looking for:
- Build self-confidence. Studying performing arts is a great way for kids to come out of their shell and build their self-esteem. Through a range of exercises and workshops, kids can learn the basics of acting, singing, or playing the instrument of their choice. As they progress and get better, so will their confidence.
- Make friends. It’s no secret that summer camp is where friendships are forged and relationships are cultivated. By working through exercises within a group or a pair, campers will be able to learn the value of collaboration and working through solutions by seeking the help of their peers. This, in turn, will improve their social skills and help them make new friends in the process.
- Learn new skills and interests. Even if your child isn’t sure what he/she’s interested in or what he/she wants to do, by simply introducing him/her to new activities like acting, singing, or playing music, you’re allowing him/her to explore different avenues of creativity and thinking, which will help him/her develop a healthy sense of curiosity, and may even lead to him/her interests being piqued. Performing arts camp can help kids be more well-rounded individuals by exposing them to new ideas and crafts.
- Hone his/her talents. If your child’s passionate about performing arts, this is the place for him/her. Not only will he/she be able to develop his/her talents but collaborate with like-minded individuals which encourages growth and inspires confidence. It’s here where he’ll/she’ll get the support he/she needs from an ever- growing community of artists, musicians, and actors.
- Help with academic development ? At summer arts camp, kids will be reading through plays, which can help them advance their reading and comprehension skills as well as their writing skills. This prepares them for their return to class after the summer.
The Zodiac brand has been offering fun swimming and day camp activities for over two decades. It has programs for young children and kids to help them stay active during the summer, learn new skills and make friends along the way.
Toronto, Ontario (www.zodiaccamp.on.ca)/ March 2014/ — Zodiac Day Camp offers amazing and age-appropriate activities for kids from toddlers to teens. For campers between the ages of 2.5 to 6.5 years old (nursery, JK, SK), they can enjoy the popular Kid-Vantage program. This is a special program for tots who are too young to be grouped with older children. The instructors and facilitators are trained and experienced at managing younger kids. With the low camper-to-staff ratio you can have peace of mind leaving your child in a safe and fun environment for the day. There is a half-day and a full-day program under the Kid-Vantage program which includes swim lessons, drama and dancing, junior sports and exposure to the world of visual arts.
Zodiac Day Camp’s Specialty Program is designed for kids aged 5.5 to 12.5 (finished SK – 6). Here, kids get professional instruction in their chosen activity. There are a lot of activities to choose from including: adventure challenge, cheerleading, circus arts, culinary arts, creatures, creatures and creativity, dance, extreme biking, fashion arts, gymnastics, horseback riding, mega sports, film & media, performing arts, rocks, ropes and ramps, science &magic, science &rocketry, swimming, tennis, tramp sports, lake sports, snow sports, science & technology and more.
The L.E.A.D & C.I.T. program is designed for kids aged 12.5 to 15.5. This advanced leadership program is for those finishing grade 7 through grade 9. They will undergo training and workshops with the Leadership Coordinator, senior camp personnel and experts in the field of child development, teaching techniques, effective discipline and creative and quality programming. They will also be given the opportunities to apprentice and participate in camp activities to prepare them for future camp employment.
Day camps help kids mature and grow up as well-rounded individuals. They will learn how to cooperate, follow rules, be more confident, develop self-esteem, and learn new skills.
To get more information about the day camp programs, visit http://www.zodiaccamp.on.ca/.
About Zodiac Swim School and Day Camp
Zodiac Swim School first opened its doors to the community in 1978 and, since that time, has earned the confidence of thousands of families! Countless children and participants have gained aquatic skills, self-confidence and a love of the water through high-quality, low-ratio Zodiac programming. In addition to excellence in aquatics, the Zodiac name also stands for quality and caring in the summer camp industry. Zodiac Day Camp (formerly Zodiac Swim & Specialty Camp) opened in the summer of 1998. Zodiac programs provide an enjoyable, unique and challenging opportunity which strongly appeals to kids and parents alike! We offer age-appropriate programming that will build your child’s self-esteem and confidence and enhance his/her personal growth and development.
160 Steeprock Drive
Toronto, Ontario M3J 2T4
Tel: 416 789-1989 x 252
Fax: 416 789-5525